If you click on the button above, you will see all the different merit badge workbooks and other scout resources available in our Troop's Scout Library. If you would like to borrow something, just talk to Alex and he can get it for you.
Every person who has contact with the boys (uniformed leaders, committee, merit badge counselors and parents attending camping trips) are required to complete Youth protection. It is done online, it's simple, and does not take very long.
There are also a series of training for Unit leadership specific to the position a person holds. Leader specific training is intended to provide focused topical training according to the leaders’ role and their obligations within that role. This is the basic training required for Troop Leadership, and the first two are required for a Scoutmaster.
· Scoutmaster Specific Training (SST) introduces the uniformed leader to the Patrol method, his role as counselor, mentor and Troop Leader, as well as a breadth of organizational topics that he would come to address in this role.
· Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills is a weekend event designed to provide ALL adult leaders with the basic skills and safety guidelines to appropriately accompany the boys on weekend trips.
· The Committee Challenge is online training available to Committee members to acquaint them to their role within the committee, its function within the Scout unit and its connection to the Charter Organization.
A plethora of other training is offered according to need and interest, and are offered online and through the District and Council. Some summer camps even offer training during scout week.
* Please note that most certifications only last for 2 years.
Listed below are some training events:
If you have any questions, please contact Jim Thierer who serves as the Dulaney District Training Chair at 410-302-7994. You can also speak with our Troop's Training Coordinator, Bill Hudec, who can be contacted via email.
Our Merit Badge Counselors
Citizenship in the Nation
Citizenship in the Community
Two good sites for merit badge information are:
- has worksheets, etc for each of the badges
- lists all badges offered by area groups.